Chiaseeds almond crackers
We recently baked these chia seed crackers for a group of guests as a snack. Great with hummus or another dip. Everyone loved them and I quickly had to bake another batch and another and another. They keep well in a cookie jar for at least a week but I don't think they keep that long
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 130 g almond flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plantbased butter
- 35 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the chia seeds with the 2 tablespoons of water, stir and let stand for a few minutes. The chia seeds will now become sticky.
- Mix the almond flour, oil, margarine, salt, water with the chia seed mixture and stir well so that the chia seeds are well distributed.
- Now place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and place the mixture on it. Cover the mixture with another sheet of baking paper. Use a rolling pin (or your hands) to roll the mixture into a thin sheet a few mm thick.
- Remove the top paper and cut the plate into the size of crackers you like.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake the crackers for 15-20 minutes. When the outside starts to brown a little, they are ready. Let them cool on a wire rack, store them in an airtight container.
- Delicious as a cracker without toppings, but also with a piece of cheese, a lick of hummus or, for example, the pea dip.